Veggie Flax Egg Muffins
Skipped breakfasts on busy mornings are a thing of the past! Warm these muffins up for a quick breakfast that's sure to please!Print
- 5 medium Eggs
- ½ cup Sweet peppers finely diced
- 1 cup Spinach
- ½ cup Edam cheese or cheddar
- ¼ cup Low Fat milk
- 1 medium Onion minced
- 2 tbsp flax
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon Thyme fresh
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Use a regular 12-cup muffin pan. Grease pan lightly with oil.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until smooth. Add milk, salt and cheddar cheese and mix. Stir in sweet peppers, garlic, onion and thyme into the egg mixture. Ladle the egg mixture into each lightly greased muffin tin until ¾ full.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven, let the muffins cool for 30 minutes before removing them from the pan. Makes roughly 12 muffins. 2 muffins is a serving.
Calories: 191kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 185mg | Sodium: 419mg | Potassium: 262mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1495IU | Vitamin C: 23mg | Calcium: 239mg | Folate: 51µg | Iron: 1mg | Phosphorus: 268mg | Zinc: 2mg