Chick Peas with Pak Choi
A plant-based breakfast recipe perfect for vegans, vegetarians, or those just seeking a new recipe to try!Print Pin
- 1 cup Chick Peas cooked with ground pimento powder
- 5 cups Pak Choi shredded
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 large Onion minced
- 4 sprigs Thyme fresh
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tbsp Water
- 1 tsp Salt
- Use a steam basket to steam pak choi for 3 minutes (the 3 minutes begin once the water in the steam basket comes to a boil) . If you do not have a steam basket, then take a large pot and add 1/2 inch of water, then use aluminium foil to create 4 balls of even size and then rest a ceramic plate on the balls. Add the pak choi to this plate and cover the pot, then steam for 3 minutes after the water has come to a boil. Remove the pak choi from the steamer or the ceramic plate quickly to prevent overcooking.
- Heat coconut oil in a large sauce pan over medium heat. Add garlic, onion and water and salt and stir to incorporate to release the flavours of the seasonings.
- Add cooked chick peas and thyme to sauce pan until fully incorporated, then stir in steamed pak choi. Add pepper or other spices as desired.
- Allow the flavours to be incorporated for 3 minutes, then remove from heat and serve.
Calories: 244kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 653mg | Potassium: 731mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 3992IU | Vitamin C: 47mg | Calcium: 163mg | Folate: 344µg | Iron: 4mg | Phosphorus: 232mg | Zinc: 2mg