Banana Almond Shake
Almonds. Bananas. Cinnamon. Need we say more?Print Pin
- 2 cups Low Fat Milk or milk of choice
- ⅓ cup Oats
- ⅓ cup Almonds or 3 tbsp of nut butter (e.g. peanut butter)
- 2 medium Bananas ripe
- 1 tsp Cinnamon and or nutmeg to taste if desired
- ¾ cup Ice
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth. Leave in the refrigerator to chill or serve over ice. Makes 4½ cups. 1½ cup is a serving.
- You may use another milk if preferred. For a creamier taste, you may use dairy based milk (e.g. Cow's milk or 1 1/2 cups of plain yogurt). For a lighter calorie beverage, you may use a plant based milk. However, these have significantly less protein than
- You may switch almonds for the equivalent amount of other unsalted nuts or seeds (e.g. chia seeds, flax seeds or pumpkin seeds) or 3 tbsp of nut butter.
Calories: 195kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 221mg | Potassium: 326mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 34IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 258mg | Folate: 21µg | Iron: 1mg | Phosphorus: 125mg | Zinc: 1mg