- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 5 small tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 3 cloves garlic finely diced
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Italian Seasoning as desired
- Pimento as desired
- 1½ tbsp of sugar
- ⅓ tsp salt
- Finely chop and blend up tomatoes in 1 cup of water.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil, add diced onions, garlic and pimento any other usual seasonings and saute for a minute.
- Add pureed tomatoes, thyme and sugar and stir continuously to avoid the bottom of the pot sticking.
- Taste it and add any other seasoning as necessary. The sauce is ready when it has acquired your desired consistency. Allow it to cool. Makes about 4 cups. Nutrient values are per 1/2 cup.
Calories: 85kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 139mg | Potassium: 301mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 883IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 48mg | Folate: 23µg | Iron: 1mg | Phosphorus: 35mg | Zinc: 1mg