Pak Choi Pizza
Want pizza and want it to be quick, tasty, savoury and full of flavour and nutrients but without loads of salt? Then this recipe may be worth trying!Print
Servings: 4 slices
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 4 tbsps Cheddar cheese finely shredded
- 2 chicken frankfurters boiled, finely diced (or minced chicken) or any high protein item of your choice, e.g. lightly sauteed minced chicken or black beans
- 4 cups Pak Choi finely shredded
- ½ cup Pineapples finely diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 small tomatoes finely chopped and pureed
- 2 cloves garlic finely diced
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- Thyme as desired
- Pimento as desired
- 1 tsp of sugar
Make the Tomato Sauce
- Create tomato base by finely chopping and blending up tomato.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil, add diced onions, garlic and pimento any other usual seasonings and sautee for a minute.
- Add pureed tomato base, add thyme and sugar and stir continuously to avoid the bottom of the pot sticking.
- Taste it and add any other seasoning as necessary. The sauce is basically ready as it should be thick enough to spoon unto the slices of bread.
Make the Pizza
- Lightly grease the oven sheet with butter or margarine and place the slices of bread into the oven. Turn the oven to 200 degrees Celsius and leave in the oven for 3 mins.
- Remove from the oven and spread 1 tbsp of tomato sauce unto each slice of bread. Sprinkle 1 tbsp of cheese to each slice of bread then add ¼ of the frankfurter (or any high protein item of yoru choice), ¼ of the shredded pak choi and ¼ of the pineapples.
- Put the slices back unto the oven sheet. Maintain the temperature in oven to 200 degrees Celsius and leave in the oven for 10 to 12 mins.
- Test a small piece to see ir everything tastes cooked. If things taste ready, take them out. If not, give them 3 more mins.
Calories: 204kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 422mg | Potassium: 416mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 3677IU | Vitamin C: 53mg | Calcium: 153mg | Iron: 2mg