Black Beans in Tomato Sauce
A rich and savoury plant-based mealPrint Pin
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil
- ½ cup Onion diced
- 3 cloves Garlic minced in salt
- 2 cups Black beans cooked
- ¾ cup Tomato sauce
- ¾ cup Red or yellow sweet peppers
- ½ inch Ginger grated
- 4 sprigs Thyme
- ¾ tsp Salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Heat oil in large saucepan. Add onion and sweet pepper and saute for 5 minutes until softened.
- Stir in garlic and ginger.
- Add beans, tomato sauce, thyme and black pepper and fully combine.
- Let simmer about 30 minutes, until the stew reaches the desired consistency. Serves 4.
Calories: 188kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.4g | Sodium: 544mg | Potassium: 541mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 3807IU | Vitamin C: 44mg | Calcium: 57mg | Folate: 37µg | Iron: 3mg | Phosphorus: 155mg | Zinc: 1mg