Turmeric Flavoured Vegetable Soup
A warm, plant-based soup with Indian flair.
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 2 tbsp turmeric juice
- 8 stalks scallion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp celery minced
- 6 sprigs thyme
- 10 cups water
- 1½ cup chick peas cooked
- ½ lb pumpkin cubed
- 6 cups spinach chopped
- 16 allspice berries tied in cheese cloth
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper
- 1 inch Ginger finely grated
- 1 teaspoon salt to taste
- Add coconut milk to a large pot over medium heat. Add the scallions, onions, and celery. Stir and allow to soften for roughly 5 minutes. Stir in the scallion, garlic and pimento berries.
- Add water and stir then bring to a boil. and then add the peas, pumpkin, carrot and spinach. Cover the pot and leave for 20 minutes.
- During this period, monitor the pot by stirring to check for desired consistency and to prevent burning. Add water and additional spices as desired.
- Remove pimento berries in cheesecloth (if used) and serve.