Tomato Sauce Recipe (from Tomato Paste)
Tasty tomato sauce without the excessive added sugar of commercial brandsPrint Pin
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ⅓ cup tomato paste
- 4 cloves garlic finely diced
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- ¼ Italian Seasoning as desired
- Pimento as desired
- 1 cup water
- 1½ tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- Heat oil, add diced onions, garlic and pimento any other usual seasonings and saute for a minute.
- Add water, tomato paste, italian seasoning and sugar and fully incorporate by stirring continuously to avoid the bottom of the pot sticking.
- Taste it and add any other seasoning as necessary. The sauce is ready when it has acquired your desired consistency. Allow it to cool.
Calories: 94kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 430mg | Potassium: 37mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 432IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 10mg | Folate: 4µg | Iron: 1mg | Phosphorus: 9mg | Zinc: 1mg