Black Beans in Tomato Sauce
A rich and savoury plant-based meal
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¾ cup diced onion
- 4 cloves garlic minced in salt
- 2 cups black beans cooked
- 1 cup Homemade Tomato sauce
- 1 cup red or yellow sweet peppers
- 1 tsp turmeric juice
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ inch ginger grated
- 4 springs thyme
- Black pepper to taste
- ½ tsp Black beans
- Heat oil in large saucepan. Add onion and sweet pepper and saute for 5 minutes until softened.
- Stir in garlic, turmeric juice, ginger and paprika.
- Add beans, tomato sauce, thyme and black pepper and fully combine.
- Let simmer about 30 minutes, until the stew reaches the desired consistency. Serves 4.