String Beans and Pasta with Garlic flavoured Chick Pea Sauce
A savoury plant-based main course!Print Pin
The Chick Pea Sauce
- ⅓ cup Chick peas cooked
- ¼ cup Coconut milk
- 2 tsp Coconut oil
- ¼ cup Parsley or Celery
- 1 medium Onion
- 4 cloves Garlic diced
- ½ teaspoon White pepper
- ½ tsp Yeast flakes Optional
- 1 tsp Salt
- Pepper as desired
- Water as needed
- 1 cups Pasta cooked to al dente
- 2 cups String beans trimmed, 1 inch pieces (steamed)
- ⅓ cup Irish Potato cubed and cooked
- Cook pasta as per the directions on pack and set aside with the exception that is adding salt is in the directions, do not add sodium. Set aside.
- Heat coconut oil in a large sauce pan over medium heat. Add garlic and onion and stir to incorporate to release the flavours of the seasonings.
- Add sauteed seasonings, cooked chick peas, parsley, chilli pepper, yeast flakes (if used), salt and coconut milk to the blender and blend until smooth, adding water as necessary.
- On low heat, transfer chickpea sauce to a large pot and stir in cooked string beans and potato. Once fully incorporated, fold in pasta and then serve with steamed or raw vegetables.
Calories: 381kcal | Carbohydrates: 64g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 797mg | Potassium: 708mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 944IU | Vitamin C: 26mg | Calcium: 91mg | Folate: 177µg | Iron: 4mg | Phosphorus: 250mg | Zinc: 2mg