Curried Black Beans
Vegan, vegetarian or just seeking something different? This plant-based curry never fails to hit the spot!Print
- ½ cup Coconut milk
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tbsp Turmeric powder or whatever amount is ideal for you
- ½ cup Onion diced
- 3 cloves Garlic minced in salt
- 2 cups Black beans cooked
- ½ cup Sweet peppers
- ½ tsp Paprika
- ½ inch Ginger grated
- 1 tbsp Thyme ground
- 1 tsp salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Heat coconut milk in large saucepan then add onion and sweet peppers. Saute for 5 minutes until softened.
- Stir in turmeric powder, garlic, ginger and paprika.
- Add the black beans, water and black pepper and stir.
- Let simmer about 20 minutes or until the stew reaches the desired consistency.
Calories: 259kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.4g | Sodium: 789mg | Potassium: 673mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 922IU | Vitamin C: 41mg | Calcium: 68mg | Folate: 195µg | Iron: 5mg | Phosphorus: 225mg | Zinc: 2mg