Broad Beans with Sweet Peppers
Have a savoury start to your day with this plant-based recipe! Perfect for vegans, or anyone else looking for a scrumptious, meat-free, nutritious breakfast.Print
- ½ cup Coconut milk
- 1 cup Water
- ½ cup Diced onion
- 2 tbsp Garlic minced
- 1 ½ tbsp Tomato paste or whatever amount is ideal for you
- 2 tsp Pimento powder
- 1 tsp Black pepper to taste
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Paprika
- 1 tbsp Thyme powder
- ½ cup Tomatoes
- ½ cup Sweet peppers strips
- ½ inch Ginger grated
- 2 cups Broad beans cooked
- Heat coconut milk in large saucepan. Add onion, tomato paste, tomatoes and sweet peppers and saute for 5 minutes until softened.
- Stir in garlic, ginger, pimento and paprika.
- Add the broad beans, water and black pepper and stir.
- Let simmer about 20 minutes or until the stew reaches the desired consistency. Recipe makes 4 cups. Nutrient values are per cup.
Calories: 205kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.4g | Sodium: 413mg | Potassium: 468mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1048IU | Vitamin C: 34mg | Calcium: 68mg | Folate: 110µg | Iron: 3mg | Phosphorus: 162mg | Zinc: 1mg