Black Beans in Tomato Sauce
A rich and savoury plant-based mealPrint Pin
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¾ cup diced onion
- 4 cloves garlic minced in salt
- 2 cups black beans cooked
- 1 cup Homemade Tomato sauce
- 1 cup red or yellow sweet peppers
- 1 tsp turmeric juice
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ inch ginger grated
- 4 springs thyme
- Black pepper to taste
- ½ tsp Black beans
- Heat oil in large saucepan. Add onion and sweet pepper and saute for 5 minutes until softened.
- Stir in garlic, turmeric juice, ginger and paprika.
- Add beans, tomato sauce, thyme and black pepper and fully combine.
- Let simmer about 30 minutes, until the stew reaches the desired consistency. Serves 4.
Calories: 316kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 33mg | Potassium: 581mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1240IU | Vitamin C: 53mg | Calcium: 54mg | Folate: 156µg | Iron: 3mg | Phosphorus: 214mg | Zinc: 3mg