Beetroot Strawberry Smoothie
A berry delicious smoothie. Low-calorie and suitable for diabetics as well!Print Pin
- 5 cups Water
- ½ cup Beetroot washed and diced
- 1 ½ inch Ginger washed and diced
- 3 tbsp Brown Sugar or white sugar if preferred
- ½ cup Lime Juice
- ½ cup Strawberries
- 1 ½ tbsp Chia Seeds
- Add beetroot, ginger and water to a blender and blend until smooth. Strain the mixture. Rinse the blender.
- Add strawberries, chia seeds and strained liquid to the blender and blend until smooth.
- Add sugar and lime juice to a pitcher and stir until fully dissolved. Chill and serve.
- 1 1/2 cups is a serving for adults and 1/2 cup to 1 cup is a serving for children.
Calories: 79kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 32mg | Potassium: 159mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 25IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 55mg | Folate: 28µg | Iron: 1mg | Phosphorus: 55mg | Zinc: 1mg